The serene ambiance and tranquility of the Breast Care Center at Doctors Hospital of Sarasota reflects our vision to comfort the mind and spirit of our guests as we provide the latest technology and professional expertise in breast healthcare.
The Art of Service
At the Breast Care Center, we understand creating a positive patient experience depends on quality service, which is why we focus on offering premier service. When you visit, you are considered a valuable guest.
Women's Imaging Services
The Breast Care Center offers an extensive selection of health services that are overseen by specially trained physicians and health care professionals. We work with you providing breast health options.
Our Diagnostic Services include:
- Digital Mammography
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
- Breast Ultrasound
- Ultrasound Guided Breast Biopsy
- Bone Density
- Multidisciplinary care as needed
Emphasis on Early Detection and Diagnosis
Early detection and treatment provide the best opportunity for breast cancer survival. We encourage you to be pro-active about your breast health though monthly self-exams, clinical breast exams and yearly mammogram screening. Certain women may require additional screening with MRI, based on the risk profile developed from their family and personal health history. Be your own best health advocate and consult your physician to determine your personal screening needs and yearly mammograms. We believe that you should be your primary health advocate.
Our Services include:
- Comprehensive clinical assessment and support
- Scheduling for appointments and consultations
- Valet parking available
- Convenient self-parking
- Easy first floor access
- Medicare and most insurance accepted
- We accept Self-Referring patients and Walk-in patients
- We offer soft touch mammo pads for a more comfortable exam
- We offer capes and robes for a spa like atmosphere
Why Digital Mammography?
Digital mammography is ideal in detecting breast abnormalities in women under 50 or women with dense breast tissue, who are often at higher risk for breast cancer. We also utilize CAD (computer aided detection) which searches for abnormal areas on mammograms.
- High image quality with the ability to enhance and manipulate the image for further evaluation
- Secure digital image storage, with the ability to print on film
- Shorter mammogram exam times
All diagnostic procedures are done on site. If additional diagnostic exams are indicated, we can assist with the scheduling and expedite the process; and in some cases, we can provide the next exam immediately.
If diagnostic imaging shows a need for a biopsy (removing small tissue sample to determine if cancer is present) we will assist you in making an appointment with one of our breast care surgical specialists.
Appointments & Questions
Call (800) 921-7148 to make an appointment. We are happy to answer any questions you may have. Walk-ins are welcome.